Friday, November 20, 2009

New interesting things

Well it has been abit since I have written anything. I just wanted to share some things and thoughts I think anyone who reads this might enjoy (hmm should I have used whom instead of who? I'll check)

Anyways the first thing I wanted to address is the holiday season. All too often people forget that this time of year isn't just for presents but it is also a time to reflect. This is meant to be religious/spiritual in nature and to get in touch with "yourself". Now I know that sounds like one of those quotes from "The Secret" but I am being honest. People today are just going through the motions of life and not taking the time to enjoy the fruits our existence. Most of the "advanced" world has become weak in the pyhsical, mental, and spiritual realms. This is pretty sad.

Some I just wanted to remind everyone to take the time to do some reflecting this year.


Okay the second issue I would like to comment on: Did you all know you can actually try and "rewire" your brain (I don't think that term fits it best...perhaps add more "connection" or "brain power") What happens when you take up new activities such a juggling and other such activities you add white matter which is the cabling of the brain. I found out you can add more of this "cabling" through repetition while learning new things. It has also been found that the brain can always develop....its not static as was though previosuly. I find this news wonderful!

Here are some sites to check out (all well as my sources):
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2009/09/02/play-tetris-get-a-more-efficient-thicker-brain/

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/DyeHard/story?id=7050081&page=1

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2009/10/14/learn-to-juggle-rewire-your-brain/



I leave you with this badass Rashad Evans HL:

No comments:

Post a Comment