Sunday, October 18, 2009

Russian Festival

Well I went to the Russian Festival in Baltimore,MD hosted by the Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church and I must say it was wonderful. The weather was cold and rainy but that didn't matter since half of it was outside under tents and the other half was inside the church hall.

Upon entering one was greeted with traditional Russian music and the wonderful smells of traditional Russian food being cooked (or at least I am pretty sure it was traditional). I tried several of the foods (all of which were wonderful) but by far the best was this thing that was pretty much a blini rolled up and stuffed with sweet cheese and bathed with sour cream on the outside.

When you went inside the church hall they were selling religious items from the church, Russian dolls, lacquer boxes, and teas. They even had a tea room!! Needless to say I bough my mother and my grandmother a glass. I then spent $20 on Teas and another $20 on breads!!! Overall it was a great time (did I add that my brother got three Russian chocolate bars, all of which were extremely tasty).

We also got to see a Dance Troupe which was pretty cool. The did the dance were they squat down LOW and kick their legs out while wearing boots. It was an impressive sight. I would recommend going to anyone who wants to have a good time.

http://www.russfest.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment